AdvantaClean of Sandy Springs Offers Water Damage Resources
Must Sandy Springs Water Damage Dry Completely?
Water damage in Sandy Springs is not always a brief inconvenience. Pools collected on floors or recesses that appear to drain away within minutes or hours make it tempting to continue without further addressing the issue. Unfortunately, liquids migrate in unexpected ways, soaking into building materials and hiding in building cavities. Without applied structural drying performed by a firm like AdvantaClean of Sandy Springs, the disappearing moisture can remain invisible to the untrained eye while relentlessly destroying construction components and permitting secondary damage like mold growth to take hold.
How Does Moisture Enter and Leave Residential and Commercial Structures?
Many different pathways exist for water to invade Sandy Springs homes and commercial buildings. Consider the following representative but non-exhaustive list of moisture-related destruction risks:
- Burst or cracked pipes and loose connections and fittings
- Loose or missing shingles, flashings, gutters, downspouts, and other roofing and precipitation draining systems
- Improperly landscaped areas next to buildings, encouraging seepage and flooding
- Inadequately caulked showers, tubs, and sinks, or grout with cracks and crevices
- Malfunctioning appliances such as dishwashers, ice makers, and laundry equipment
- Condensation from absent, poorly planned, or rarely maintained insulation or clogged air conditioning units
- Excessive humidity levels, especially in confined spaces such as kitchens, bedrooms, and laundry or utility areas
What drips, flows, or floods inside must also find its way out. The fluids, unfortunately, do not leave your home or business. Instead, they absorb into permeable materials like wood, drywall, and insulation. Rivlets pour into building cavities between walls, under floors, and overhead. Once established in caches, they continuously saturate structural materials, rust metal fasteners, and exert pressure that might later lead to the collapse of a ceiling or bulging of surfaces.
What Strategies Do Restoration Professionals Use to Manage Migrating Moisture?
AdvantaClean technicians use techniques taught by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) to find and remove liquids and encourage evaporation of absorbed moisture. Bringing us in early in the process delivers the best results, but we have tactics that help under all circumstances. Our overall agenda is:
- Inspect for and control safety hazards
- Determine the types of materials affected and the extent of the damage
- Arrange for and carry out aggressive extraction of fluids -- removing liquids is 1200 times more effective than drying alone in resolving water damage, and our top-notch equipment rapidly draws out moisture for containment and disposal
- Measure moisture loads in affected materials after extraction, comparing them with the moisture levels of undamaged and similar materials
- Use the IICRC drying principles to position appropriate air moving units and dehumidifiers
- Add heaters if indicated to raise the ambient temperature as warmer air absorbs more moisture
- Engage the air movers, heaters, and dehumidifiers to facilitate evaporation in saturated materials, moving moisture to the air for capture by the dehumidifiers
- Periodically measure moisture levels to ensure drying proceeds as planned, adapting the configuration over time
- Talk with the property owner to stress that the equipment must operate until the drying is complete
What Specialized Equipment or Interventions Help Dry Out Sandy Springs Properties?
Every water damage situation is unique. AdvantaClean crews have many resources available to individualize the extraction and drying procedures. We choose from:
- Submersible pumps for recessed areas
- Negative air pressure (suction) systems that can pull fluids from behind structures through hoses, including mats for hardwood and multiple-layered floors
- Controlled demolition techniques to release water carefully and provide access for drying equipment, including ceiling or bulge, weep punches, drilled or sawn holes at baseboard level, and flood cuts, where we remove wet wall materials between the studs
AdvantaClean communicates clearly with you throughout the restoration process. We are always available to answer questions and collaborate on the best way to return your property to its previous function and appearance.
Care and commitment to our customer’s needs set AdvantaClean of Sandy Springs water damage services apart. Call (470) 819-2070 to explore your cleanup, structural drying, and sanitization options.