Location: Bellevue, WA 98006
Problem: Restaurant above the piano store had a grease tank located in the wall in the back corner of their showroom. The piano ranged anywhere 35k to 135K. The sales people at the piano store began to notice grease to seeping from under the walls and through the vinyl planks on the floor. The smell was pretty terrible.
Solution: We set containment in attempt to contain the smell. We set an scrubber, 2 hydroxyl machines, demoed all affected materials that could be removed and deep cleaned all the affected areas with a heavy degreaser. The floors we scrubbed with a degreaser and extracted.
Location: Everett, WA
Problem: Dishwasher leaked affecting the hardwoods, kitchen cabinets, and crawlspace.
Solution: Due to health issues with one of the children the mitigation was scheduled out a month. So most of the areas where dry but mold growth had occurred. Containment was set and all affected areas were removed and treated for mold.
RAPID REAL ESTATE RESCUE
Location: Duvall WA 98019
Problem: Laura, with whom AdvantaClean had worked before, called us on a Tuesday with a real challenge. She was the selling broker on a real estate deal set to close on Friday, and the buyers home inspector had just discovered mold in the attic, together with inadequate insulation. In addition, the inspector determined that insulation in the crawlspace had been damaged, and some of it needed to be replaced. Time was of the essence--all work had to be completed before the closing on Friday.
Solution: AdvantaClean sprang into action, going out that afternoon to inspect the home, and agreeing with the sellers on a plan of action. First, AdvantaClean vacuumed out the old insulation with our 19 hp insulation vacuum. Next, we treated the attic mold, making the attic sheathing look good as new. Finally, our technicians reinstalled new attic insulation, bringing the home up to current code. We then repaired and replaced, as needed, the insulation in the crawlspace.
This job was made extra challenging by the fact that the home had a fire sprinkler system located in the attic, requiring AdvantaClean technicians to exercise extreme care not to break any sprinkler pipes, which would have flooded the home. The work went without a hitch, and the closing went through as planned on Friday.
MONDO CONDO COMPLEX
Location: Issaquah, WA
Problem: During a multi-million dollar renovation of a large condominium complex, mold was discovered in 45 attics. AvantaClean was selected for the remediation by CDK Construction, a leading construction company in the Seattle area.Because of the difficulty of scheduling access to the attics from the individual condominium units, AdvantaClean technicians had to enter the attics through holes cut through the roof, four stories above the ground. This required them to wear cumbersome safety harnesses to protect from falls. In addition, since much of the work was performed during summer heat,our technicians had to work in attic temperatures in excess of 130 degrees, all while wearing waterproof full body protective suits, gloves,and respirators.
Solution: The mold remediation plan for the attics was developed by a Certified Industrial Hygienist.The plan required manual hand scrubbing of the mold, a highly labor-intensive process. AdvantaClean requested that it be permitted to use MMR, an extremely effective mold removal chemical that requires minimal scrubbing. After AdvantaClean demonstrated MMR to the CIH, the CIH changed the protocol to allow its use.The result was a far better result, performed in a much safer way, and at a lower cost. AvantaClean also developed a detailed heat safety work plan for its technicians, which allowed them to complete their work without any heat-related injuries in this extremely challenging environment.