Birmingham South Case Studies
Emergency response, Water Damage, toilet flood, sewage
Location: Homewood, AL 35209
Problem: Customer flushed a clogged toilet and caused sewage backup all over the bathroom.
Solution: We were contacted at 4:30 in the afternoon, luckily we had a truck in the area and had a tech on site in less than an hour. He spent a couple of hours there mitigating the overflow, cleaning the floor and sanitizing all surfaces.
Location: Homewood, AL 35209
Problem: Client had another company dry out and remove flooring. They did not return to repair the floor and she called us because we had been there previously and told here she didn't need our services at that time. She thought she still had a leak and wanted a second opinion before she let the dry out company open up the ceiling drywall.
Solution: On the first call, there was no leak and the area was dried out, but stained and the tape was exposed in the drywall. We contacted a contractor friend and referred the repair and painting to him. On the flooring call, again, it was dry and we contacted a separate contractor on her behalf and she used him to repair her floors. Although we did no work for this client, we have been back to quote her crawlspace work, and she explicitly said she called us because we are honest. This goes a long way.
Mold Removal in Attic
Location: McCalla, AL 35022
Problem: House on market, mold on rafters and sheeting in the attic. Needs to be removed and odor mitigated.
Solution: Cleaned all wood surfaces in the attic with Oxyprep and Oxypar. Treated the home with Chlorine Dioxide to eliminate the musty odor.
Water Damage from plumbing leak at water heater
Location: Hoover, AL 35244
Problem: Water heater supply line started leaking over night. The floor, offices, and storage areas were affected. We were called by national accounts at 10:40 on a Saturday morning and had a man on the job at 11:00. Once assessed, the job was fully manned by 12:30
Solution: Water was extracted from the carpets. Good that were destroyed were thrown in the dumpster under the supervision of store management. The ceiling in the bathroom and office were dried from above to avoid tearing out sheetrock. A dehumidifier and several fans were set in the space to dry carpet. The show cases were raised and place on plastic blocks to avoid any further wicking of water into the wood. We monitored the job on Sunday and Monday and removed our equipment on Wednesday.
Commercial Dryer Vent Cleaning
Location: Birmingham, AL 35209
Problem: Dryer vent in a large hotel in Birmingham. The unit was not drying well. They waited too long to call, but we were able to clean it. This was actually an emergency call because they needed it done for the weekend.
Solution: We received the call at 11 am and had a tech on site in less than 2 hours. The vent was badly clogged and the lint was wet within. Using a variety of brushes and vacuum pressure we were able to clear the line, and actually repair it where it met the ceiling.
Radon Testing and Mitigation
Location: Vestavia Hills, AL
Problem: Client was selling a house. Initial radon test reading was 4.1PiC and the buyer would not commit until mitigated.
Solution: Installed an active soil depressurization system (ASD) in basements unfinished area. Upon retest 2 days later the reading went down to .4PiC well below the required 2.5PiC
Mold Removal and Crawl Space Encapsulation
Location: Hoover, AL
Problem: Clients father passed away and was preparing to sell this property. Home inspector found mold on floor joists. No vapor barrier on the floor.
Solution: Remediate mold using oxyprep and oxypar. Added vapor barrier and encapsulation to the crawlspace. House sold the following week.
Air Duct Cleaning and Dryer Vent Cleaning
Location: Birmingham, AL 35242
Problem: Dryer not working properly and the house was dusty
Solution: AdvantaClean cleaned the ducts throughout the house, fogged system with Sporicidin. Cleaned out the dryer vents as well.
Mold Removal and Remediation of Local High-End Hotel
Location: Homewood, AL 35022
Problem: This property had a system failure with their AC units. The units were left off over the summer and placed on a list for repair. The property never got around to repairing the units and this is the result. As you can see the RH is high, coupled with the fact that this was behind the wallpaper, the problem was quite extensive.
Solution: We contained the rooms, and installed air scrubbers and dehumidifiers. We removed any material that was infected with mold, plus an additional 2 feet of material. The remaining materials were treated with Oxyprep and Oxypar and then vacuumed off. Carpets were removed completely, the rooms wiped down, ptacs cleaned and bedclothes laundered.
Pristine studs were left for the drywall crew to come to install new drywall and prepare for painting and finish.