Warning signs you need dryer vent cleaning:
- Clothes that take too much time to dry (i.e. - more than one cycle when drying towels and jeans). The reason for this is clogged dryer vents, which ultimately damage your dryer.
- Lint screen with no visible lint on it, as fabric produces lint, this should be rare.
- Clothes still damp when dryer stops during the cycle.
- Excess lint on your clothes rather than being collected on the lint screen.
- Clothes hot after the dryer cycle, which is a warning that the dryer is working extra hard due to vent build up.
- The top of the dryer is too hot when in use.
- Time required waiting for your clothes to dry shouldn't be longer than the cycle length.
- Moldy smell on your clothes after the cycle. This is due to accumulated moisture in the dryer duct. Lint accumulation prevents the moisture being forced outside.
The money spent on the problem now will stop any further problems and related appliance fires. Dryer vent fires can occur not only at home, but also in commercial buildings like hotels and hair salons. So do your part to keep everyone safe!