You're home has just flooded and water is pouring in, you're watching it soak your floors, your walls and your possessions. AdvantaClean is en route, but there are some proactive steps you can take while help is on the way!
We interviewed our operations managers with over 50 years' collective experience and asked them, "What can a homeowner do if their house or property requires emergency water cleanup?" Here's what they said:
- Carefully move valuables, knick-knacks sitting on the furniture, and any other contents in the affected areas to unaffected rooms.
- If closets or storage areas are wet, put everything you can from the floor into trash bags and move them to a dry location.
- Don't plug anything in or attempt to vacuum the water.
- If there is any wooden furniture on wet carpet, place foil, saucers or baggies under those items to keep stains from transferring. If you feel it is too heavy, don't try to move anything that is uncomfortable. Just show the technician when he/she arrives.
- Find your insurance policy and locate the page that specifies what is covered.
Water damage cleanup can be overwhelming for you and costly to your home, so our water cleanup specialists will work with you step-by-step through the entire process. One of the most daunting steps is the claim process with your insurance company. Whether you've had to file a claim before or not, the details matter and it can become a headache. We work with all major insurance companies and with over 20 years in the water damage industry, we understand what your insurance company is likely to do. Here's what you can expect:
- The insurance company will assign an adjuster who should contact you within 24 hours.
- They will want to speak with you on the phone and assess the situation.
- They may schedule a visit or, depending on the urgency and information we submit, they may adjust it over the phone.
- If your adjuster calls and schedules and on site evaluation, please let us know so that we can be there to answer their questions.
Lastly, understand that water flood damage cleanup is a highly technical process, so it's normal to have questions about how to handle water cleanup, how to fix water damage and how the house flood restoration process works.
More Info? For more information please visit Water Damage FAQs if you have any questions regarding the clean up and claim process.