Winter Weather Tips: Your Home & Car Survival Guide
Winter Weather Tips:
Deep Freeze Home & Car Survival Guide
As the holidays scurry past, it seems that we are getting deeper and deeper into the heart of winter. And with deep winter comes the deep freeze. To protect your home and car from the winter weather, we've put together a Winter Weather Tips: Deep Freeze Home & Car Survival Guide.
🏠 Winter Weather Tips: Deep Freeze Home Survival Guide
- Insulate pipes. Insulate hot and cold water pipes in the crawlspace under your house as well as in the basement, attic, and exterior walls with snap-on foam insulation. Make sure the foam insulation fits tightly without gaps. Apply duct tape to joints in insulation, and miter foam around elbows, so the joints in pipes are completely covered.
- Heat pipes. Consider wrapping problem pipes with UL-approved heat tape that has a built-in thermostat to prevent overheating. Follow the instructions that come with heat tape carefully to keep from creating a fire hazard.
- Drip faucets. Drip both hot and cold water at faucets in kitchen and bathroom. This not only keeps water moving through the pipes, but relieves built-up water pressure in the pipes if they should freeze. Set single lever faucets in the center so both hot and cold lines drip.
- Waterproof basements and crawl spaces. Close exterior basement and crawlspace windows, doors, and other entryways.
- Check for leaks. Once the weather has warmed up, turn off any dripping faucets and monitor the water meter for any unseen leaks.
🚗 Winter Weather Tips: Deep Freeze Car Survival Guide
Before the freeze, check the following items:
✔️ Hoses and fan belts
✔️ Spark plugs
✔️ Antifreeze and windshield wiper fluid levels
✔️ Battery strength
✔️ Tire pressure and tread life
✔️ Emission filters
✔️ Spare tire and jack
Call 877-800-2382 to schedule a mitigation consultation with AdvantaCleantoday!