HEALTHY STAYCATION IDEAS FOR FAMILIES THIS SUMMER
If your budget is feeling the pinch this summer, taking a family vacation out of town is probably out of the question. But if you don't want to disappoint the kids, what can you do? Try a healthy staycation idea for families. They're fun, they keep everyone happy, and they're light on the budget. You probably won't even notice you're still in your hometown.
HEALTHY STAYCATION IDEAS FOR FAMILIES AT HOME
When the kids are out of school, finding something for them to do all day can seem overwhelming. Couple that with being cooped up at home all the time because of a tight travel budget, and you've probably got a nightmare situation on your hands. There are some quick, easy, and healthy staycation ideas for families you can plan this summer.
- Backyard camping. When everyone is bored, and you're out of ideas, try setting up a tent in your backyard, rolling out some sleeping bags, and entertaining the kids with exciting camping activities. You can safely build a fire, make s'mores, and tell scary stories before bed. Other activities can include a marshmallow eating contest, yard games like lawn darts and horseshoes, and a glow stick dance party.
- Film Festival. Ever wanted to attend the Sundance Film Festival? Why not try creating your own festival? Choose your categories and have each family member pick a movie or two. Stock up on your favorite movie snacks, lay down a pile of comforters and pillows on the floor, turn off electronics and turn out the lights. Stretch it to last all weekend, and when you've finished the last movie, place votes on the best film by genre, best actor and actress, and best video overall.
- Water Olympics. If the summer heat has you down, plan a day of Water Olympics. As the name suggests, it's a day of water-based competitions, right in your backyard. Grab a kiddie pool, a slip n' slide, buckets, pool noodles, and water guns and create your competitions and rules. Don't forget to design bronze, silver, and gold medals for the competitors to win!
HEALTHY STAYCATION IDEAS FOR FAMILIES OUT ON THE TOWN
If there's a little more money in the budget, but not quite enough to travel, try a staycation idea in your own town. It's almost guaranteed there is something to do in your hometown that you haven't thought of before. If you have a visitor's center, check there for local attraction brochures, or try a few of these other healthy staycation ideas for families.
- Backpacking or hiking. If you live in an area with a state park or lots of hills and mountains, try going out for a day of hiking. You don't need fancy gear; a backpack and comfortable clothes and shoes will get you through one day. Just remember to bring enough water and snacks for the whole family.
- Explore the city. There's always something to see or do that you haven't already. Think like a tourist and check out local museums, locally owned restaurants, and historic sites. You might even have a historic downtown area that does ghost tours.
- Visit the pool. If you're not lucky enough to have a pool in your backyard or neighborhood, look for local public pools, or a YMCA or YWCA. Buy a day pass and relax in the cold water. Local Y's can have times they put up giant inflatable obstacle islands. You might even have a local splash pad.
HEALTHY STAYCATION IDEAS FOR FAMILIES
All of these healthy staycation ideas for families are a great way to keep everyone entertained and the stress levels low. When things get too hectic, and stress levels rise, everyone can get a little touchy. By taking a family staycation, you reduce the bad moods, and everyone relaxes all without having to leave town and spend money you don't have. Reducing stress is essential to staying healthy. If you're worried about improving your family's health further, consider calling in an Indoor Air Quality Professional to evaluate your home and help you figure out what you can do to further boost your mood.
Call 877-957-5670 to schedule an appointment with an AdvantaClean Indoor Air Quality Professional today!