ALLERGY-FRIENDLY HALLOWEEN TREATS
Halloween is almost here, and if you’re planning on sharing some tasty treats with trick-or-treaters, you may want to think about offering some allergy-friendly options. Millions of American children have food allergies, and peanuts and milk are two of the most common. So if you want to satisfy as many kids as possible who come to your trunk, your door or wherever you’re sharing treats, why not take a safer but still fun approach? Obviously we can’t give you a comprehensive list for every kind of allergy issue in America, but here are 5 of our favorite allergy-friendly Halloween treats!
- Popcorn: Who says you have to do candy on Halloween? So many people love popcorn that you’re sure to please just as many folks with this option as you would with a sugary candy. Popcorn also comes in so many flavor choices – mix and match, or just choose your favorite kind. Your guests will love you for it!
- Caramel Apples: Buy them pre-made at the store, or just get a few bushels of apples in bulk and put your own delicious spin on this American classic – just remember that nuts are a very common food allergen. Also make sure to get some plastic wrap so they’ll stay free of germs when you pass them out.
- Chewy Candy and Gum: Many candies that are gummy and most kinds of gum have fewer or zero common allergens, so these can be a great way to spread the love in many different shapes and flavors. Always check the label or consult manufacturers’ websites to be absolutely sure about the ingredients.
- Hard Candy: Many kinds of hard candies are allergy-friendly, too. Peppermints, lollipops, and so many others can be a great choice, especially if you’re on a budget. If possible, try to wait as long as possible to buy them in bulk at your local store because you’ll probably cash in big on their deep-discount sales!
- Non-Food Options: A great way to include every child is to have some small, fun items on hand. What about some little green toy soldiers, glow sticks or glow-in-the-dark strings, mini-tattoos or blowing bubbles? You could also do some fun pencils, pens, erasers, bookmarks, crayons or other educational supplies. Or, maybe go for some silly mustaches? The list goes on and on – so get creative and have fun with your treats!
In 2014, a movement called the Teal Project was formed by the organization Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE) to encourage households to have allergy-friendly options available and signal this to passing trick-or-treaters by placing a teal-colored pumpkin outside your front door. For more information, see https://www.foodallergy.org/education-awareness/teal-pumpkin-project/get-started. Just think about how great it would be to show every child who knocks at your door that he or she is special and deserves a fun, allergy-free treat for Halloween. Have a safe, allergen-free Halloween!
Life with Allergies is Difficult!
Your home is already a challenging place to live because of the allergens lurking in your ductwork and floating in the air you breathe. Your family deserves to breathe the cleanest, safest air possible, and that’s what the service professionals at AdvantaClean are standing by to help you achieve this today. Since 1994, we’ve been the industry leaders in mold remediation and mold removal, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning and so much more. We’re prompt, courteous, and highly trained and certified. We use the latest systems to locate allergens that come from harmful black mold that’s hiding behind your walls, and then we bring in our sophisticated HEPA-filtered equipment to make sure that all those toxic spores and particles are gone for good. And– best of all – we’re highly affordable! Our franchises are locally owned by your neighbors who will care for your family and home as if it were their own. If you’re still not sure, don’t take our word for it: read some of our reviews, and then give us a call today.
More info? For more information about indoor air pollutants this holiday season, check out our other post:ARE YOUR HOLIDAY GUESTS ALLERGIC TO PETS?
Call 877-800-2382 to schedule an appointment with an AdvantaClean air duct cleaning specialist today!