Types of Mold You Can Find In Your Property
Mold is simply a type of fungus that develops on moist surfaces of decomposing materials which are made up of organic matter. That means we’re all exposed to mold in some form every day – there are mold spores in the air all around us, but don’t worry because not every kind of mold is harmful to humans. However, you should be aware of the toxic strains of mold that can potentially have negative health effects on you and the people you live with and work alongside. While there are thousands of kinds of mold, below is a quick list of a few of the most common types of mold you can find in your property. We’ll also share some of our recommended best practices for where to look for mold, plus what to do in case you do find a moldy spot.
- STACHYBOTRYS. That’s a mouthful of a word, but you don’t want a mouthful of this nasty mold which is more commonly referred to as black mold! It can cause any number of symptoms from headaches to respiratory and digestive problems. It’s not always black, so be on the lookout for dark-colored mildew spots in damp areas that also emit a musty odor.
- ALTERNARIA. Easier to pronounce than the last one, but equally toxic and equally common in damp areas of your home or business. This strain of mold is also dark in color and it can easily develop after water damage. It can produce many respiratory issues if it’s inhaled.
- ASPERGILLUS. This mold is found in many homes across America, and it can manifest itself in any number of colors. Reactions to this strain will depend on which species of aspergillus is present, and they range from relatively harmless to potentially toxic symptoms for humans.
- (…THE LIST GOES ON!). Instead of continuing to list mold after mold, we think it’s most important for you to understand that mold is everywhere, and although not all molds are toxic, it’s probably best to err on the side of caution when you encounter a moldy spot in your home or office. Without conducting a professional mold inspection and mold testing, you won’t know exactly what strain you’re dealing with. And you can certainly DIY-clean the mold you find, but will you be sure that you’ve really gotten all of it and prevented it from coming back the way a professional mold remediation service provider can?
- WHERE TO LOOK. Mold can grow anywhere conditions are the right mix of damp and wet, and areas of your home or office that are out of sunlight and airflow can be especially prone to mold developing. That means it’s important to conduct a thorough inspection of all the places you might not normally look, including places like the cabinets under your sink, up in your attic, down in the corners of your basement behind any items that are in storage, and anywhere that pipes are located throughout your structure. (That’s a lot of places, isn’t it?) Because there are so many potential places where mold can grow – including all the places you can’t see with the naked eye, like behind your walls – it’s probably not a bad idea to invest in a comprehensive mold inspection and mold testing if you have any suspicion that mold might be lurking in your property. Even a musty smell which doesn’t seem to have a specific source, or a small discolored spot on an indoor surface, can be a possible indication of mold in your property.
- WHERE TO TURN. You can trust your home or business to just anyone, or you can turn to the most trusted name in the mold remediation business: AdvantaClean. Since 1994, we’ve been providing the most thorough mold removal services available by our locally-owned franchises conveniently located throughout the country. Our mold testing and mold remediation specialists are certified the National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors (NORMI), so they know how to conduct a mold inspection and mold removal the right way. We don’t cut corners because this is ultimately your health we’re talking about! Mold is serious business, but it’s no match for our comprehensive services. We find every spot of mold, we remove it with HEPA-filtered suction systems, and we apply the most effective fungicide to the affected areas to make sure that the mold stays away for good.
Why trust the place where you live and work to anyone other than the best in the business? Don’t mess around with mold – contact us today! Remember: it’s not truly clean until it’s AdvantaClean.
Call (877) 800-2382 for the best commercial mold removal with AdvantaClean today!
More Info? Learn More About Commercial Mold Removal