Dryer Vent Cleaning Services Colorado Springs
WHY DRYER VENT CLEANING IS IMPORTANT?
A clogged dryer vent isn’t simply a minor inconvenience. It’s something that is costing you money and potentially putting residents at risk. In fact, it can be anything but a minor inconvenience. It could be a major problem.
We recommend that most dryers be professionally cleaned once or twice a year depending on its use.
AdvantaClean of Pikes Peak offers dryer vent cleaning for residential and commercial properties in and around the Colorado Springs area.
How dryer vents clog
Contrary to popular belief, dryer lint traps don’t catch all the lint generated during a laundry cycle. A third of the lint generated makes it past the filters, and ends up inside your dryer vent. Once inside the vent, the lint combines with moist, hot air to create a mixture that clings to the inside of your dryer vent. That lint mixture builds up over time, leading to complications.
The Problems from Having a Clogged Dryer
Your dryer isn’t designed to work against a clogged dryer vent. If dryer vents are not regularly cleaned it can result in:
- Increased energy costs due to your dryer having to work longer to dry clothes
- Longer times for you to get clothing dried
- Shortened lifespan of the dryer and increased potential for unnecessary repairs.
- Overheating that could potentially result in a fire
- Potential damage to expensive clothing
- Dangerous fumes in your home
What our Dryer Cleaning Services Involves
We are specially trained to clean dryer vents and have the proper equipment to get the job done thoroughly.
Many service providers use a standard vacuum cleaner to take care of vents, which they weren’t intended for. We use equipment specifically designed for dryer vents. They not only suck up any debris in the vent, but that have a rod that breaks up everything. This ensures the entire vent is cleared. Often, we’re called in after service provides have used a standard vacuum, simply because they can’t get the job done.
Things You Can Do to Prolong Your Dryer
We recommend that home and commercial laundry facility owners clean dryer vents regularly. Light-use laundry facilities can rely on an annual cleaning, but facilities with heavy use, such as those in prisons, laundromats, and dorms should have vents cleaned quarterly.
In between regularly scheduled cleanings, you can follow these best practices to prevent dirty dryer vents from putting your appliances, family, and employees in danger.
- Avoid fabric softening sheets. These sheets release a film into dryer exhaust that causes lint to become more thick and sticky, increasing lint buildup rates.
- Don’t overload your dryers. Overloading a dryer increases the amount of lint that bypasses the lint trap.
- Inspect your vents. Look behind your dryer and on the outside end of your dryer vent for any evidence of excess lint buildup.
If you’re a resident of Colorado Springs or a business owner and want to ensure your dryer is working at peak efficiency, then contact AdvantaClean of Pikes Peak.
For More Information Regarding Dryer Vent Cleaning Services, Call (719) 387-8949