WHY DRYER VENT CLEANING?
Dryer vent cleaning is imperative for both residential properties and commercial, industrial and institutional facilities, where dryers are routinely over-taxed to support extensive drying.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) states there are an average of 3,700 structure fires at hotel or motel
properties annually, causing $127 million in damage. Of those fires, 9% are clothes the lint dryer and washer related. And, the statistical percentages grow in industrial and manufacturing properties along with other commercial environments.
According to the US Fire Administration, every year clothes dryer fires account for over $100 million in losses. Also, dryer fires involving commercial dryer vents have a 78% higher injury rate than residential dryer fires.
WHAT CAUSES DRYER VENT FIRES?
A majority of commercial dryer vent fires occur as a result of highly flammable lint getting caught in the dryer duct and becoming heated to the point of ignition. Most commercial dryers come with lint traps, or filters, designed to capture the lint, yet only 70% is typically collected. The remainder sticks to the duct work and piping. Lint and other debris builds
up over time so it is not ever safe to assume that emptying the filter regularly is enough to protect your property from a dryer vent fire.
You should consider commercial dryer vent cleaning if:
- There is an accumulation of lint or debris on the external vent.
- The dryer is hot to the touch indicating it is overheating.
- It takes more than one drying cycle to dry one load.
- The laundered items smell "musty" after being in the dryer.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- It eliminates the risk of lint and flammable materials overheating and catching fire
- It enables a dryer to work more efficiently and safely.
- It extends the life of a dryer and its heating elements.
- It reduces energy consumption, with measurable savings.
OUR CUSTOMERS INCLUDE
- Apartment and condo complexes
- Colleges and universities
- High and mid-rise buildings
- Manufacturing facilities
- Hospitals and other medical facilities