Sustainable Mold Remediation Kennesaw Homeowners Need to Know
Mold Inspections, Remediation and Removal for Kennesaw
Molds exist everywhere in the environment, both outdoors and inside. Wherever moisture and oxygen are present, the risk of harm from the mold spores may cause allergic reactions. The damage potential is the reason why mold remediation services exist. AdvantaClean of Marietta takes responsibility to train our technicians in effective mold inspection, removal, and remediation seriously. We diligently update our best practices, products, and equipment as remediation technology evolves to ensure we offer the best strategies to clear away existing mold and inhibit any resurgence of growth.
Mold Poses to Building Occupants and Materials
Worries about human exposure to molds and its byproducts increase when Kennesaw property owners research available information while attempting to find a mold remediation company. Depending on individual susceptibility, the spores and other components of some species of mold can trigger allergic reactions and a broad range of other health effects and symptoms. A healthcare professional is in the best position to evaluate allergic reactions. Concurrently appropriate mold remediation as practiced by AdvantaClean of Marietta can abate the underlying potentially hazardous conditions, clearing out and avoiding the further build-up of the irritants that trouble those with mold sensitivity.
Structural and Fixture Damage caused by Mold
Nearly any organic building material with access to moisture and oxygen is a haven for mold spores and accelerates their eventual growth. The organic substances involved also feed the mold spores as they generate and build rapidly expanding collections of microbial overgrowth known as colonies. When Kennesaw property owners see mold, they are actually viewing millions of mold cells growing together, voraciously consuming the organic building materials upon which they attach. Long-term consumption of the organic matter by the microbes results in:
● Structural components such as drywall, framing, and supporting beams weaken, crumble, and break, ultimately failing to support the load of building materials in the structure
● Insulation losing R-value, failing to protect spaces from climate extremes
● Fixtures such as engineered flooring tile, carpeting, padding, veneer-clad cabinets, wallpaper, and textiles delaminating, and shredding, become malodorous, fragile, and unusable in the process
Why Does AdvantaClean of Marietta Pair Water and Mold Remediation Services?
Swift professional intervention by AdvantaClean of Marietta halts the continuous erosion of building materials linked to both water and subsequent mold damage. Our Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-trained work crews quickly effectuate industry-leading water damage migration tracing and successful recovery strategies. Our extraction of liquid water and structural drying within 24 to 48 hours of a water event significantly reduces the chance of fungal growth and damage. Whenever we evaluate a mold remediation project, we prioritize moisture management. Eliminating the water prevents the transformation of benign spores into mold colony breeders.
AdvantaClean of Marietta Inspects and Remediates Mold Caused by Water Damage
Once our technicians identify and rid your Kennesaw residence or commercial building of pre-existing water damage, persistent moisture sources, or even elevated humidity, we address the remediation of any remaining mold damage. AdvantaClean adheres to the industry standard developed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), clarified into the guide “Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings:”
● Work crews don personal protective equipment (PPE), limiting the drift or tracking of moldy debris into unaffected residential or commercial spaces.
● Technicians locate mold colonies, testing when the growth hides in building cavities.
● Workers accomplish careful containment of affected areas and workspaces, including wrapping areas using 1.6 mil polyethylene barriers and sealing the edges with the help of negative pressure air scrubbing equipment that directs airborne contaminants through HEPA filters before exhausting.
● Crews complete mechanical removal of mold organisms from non-porous surfaces using scrapers, brushes, and other agitation techniques.
● Technicians consider controlled media blasting with gentler abrasives such as soda, dry ice, and corn cobs to remove and incapacitate hyphae infiltrated throughout porous surfaces.
● Team members follow up removal efforts with spray and wipe or HEPA-filtered vacuuming, bagging the debris and residues for lawful disposal.
● Treat newly mold-free surfaces with EPA-registered antimicrobials that inhibit rebound infestation as final protection.
Put your trust in the trained and experienced professionals of AdvantaClean of Marietta for prompt mold removal and remediation services. Call (404) 474-8443 to discuss mold inspections, remediation and removal for the Marietta and Kennesaw areas