Air Duct Cleaning
Air ducts are associated with your heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system and are the pathways for heated or cooled air to travel throughout a home. Air duct cleaning is the process removes dust and other contaminants that accumulate over time in your air ductwork.
Since ductwork is often located out of sight behind walls or above ceilings, maintenance can be easy to neglect. Routine air duct cleaning relieves long term problems with indoor air quality.
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) advises cleaning of air ducts every 4-7 years.
CALL ADVANTACLEAN FOR CLEAN AIR DUCTS
AdvantaClean is the premier provider of duct cleaning. Our professional technicians perform thorough cleaning, eliminating contaminants, like dust, mold and bacteria. Duct cleaning also helps prevent excessive home dust and allergies by removing irritants from your ductwork.
According to NADCA, up to 40 pounds of dust is created annually through everyday living alone! Your HVAC system recirculates air five to seven times a day, so dust in the home and other air pollutants are pulled into your air ducts, attaches to the walls and builds up over time. Cleaning your air ducts help maintain healthy indoor air quality in your home.
- Call AdvantaClean for air duct cleaning if you notice that you need to sweep and dust more than usual.
- Call AdvantaClean if you experience higher than normal utility bills – clean air ducts can improve your system’s efficiency.
- Call AdvantaClean when allergy signs appear, especially after air starts to flow – clean air ducts can remove particulates such as mold and dust, which are known triggers.
- Call AdvantaClean if rooms in your home have little or no air flow coming from the air conditioning vents – air ducts will help restore air flow throughout your ventilation system.
WHAT IS DUCT CLEANING?
Air duct cleaning is the process of eliminating dust, mold and other contaminants from your heating and air conditioning system ductwork.
According to the EPA, “Air duct cleaning generally refers to the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems, including the supply and return air ducts and registers, grilles and diffusers, heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, condensate drain pans (drip pans), fan motor and fan housing, and the air handling unit housing.”
Indoor air pollution has been identified as a top environmental health risk in the US and air duct cleaning has shown to greatly reduce indoor air contaminants, making your home a healthier place to live.
Air duct cleaning can also greatly improve your home HVAC system’s efficiency. When your air ducts are clean and air is flowing freely, your HVAC system does not have to work as hard and less power is used, lowering your monthly energy bills!
HOW TO CLEAN AIR DUCTS (ACCORDING TO NADCA STANDARDS)
AdvantaClean follows the rigorous standards set forth by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) when performing air duct cleaning.
Our courteous and professionally trained air duct cleaning technicians use the following process:
- Our crews will show up at your home on time, in an AdvantaClean branded vehicle.
- Our technicians will greet you and carefully review the services you have requested, explaining our air duct cleaning process in detail.
- Your home will be prepared for air duct cleaning, ensuring that all vents and returns are accessible, and placing protective flooring covers and corner guards where necessary.
- Our technicians will carefully seal your vents and returns before the duct cleaning begins, and put your air conditioning ducts under negative pressure to maximize air flow.
- We will connect a powerful vacuum device to your main trunk line, which will collect dirt, dust, mold and other contaminants that will be dislodged during the air duct cleaning.
- High pressured compressed air whips will be inserted into the ductwork to dislodge the dirt and debris, which will be collected in the containment unit.
- After the duct cleaning process is complete, we will seal the access hole in your main trunk line with a metal access panel, according to NADCA standards.
- Our technician will review your air duct cleaning project with you to ensure your satisfaction, and answer any questions you may have.