If you are a business owner, property manager, or facility supervisor of a commercial property, the maintenance to-do list can get lengthy. Plus, the services/repairs are always pushed by the impact of efficiency and cost.
Why Commercial Dryer Vent Cleanings Save Energy and Cut Costs
Dryers are far more over-taxed in industrial/institutional facilities in order to support extensive laundering. Most commercial dryers come with lint traps, or filters, designed to capture the lint, yet only 70% is typically collected. The remainder sticks to the duct work and piping. Lint and other debris builds up over time so it is not ever safe to assume that emptying the filter regularly is enough to protect your property from a dryer vent fire.
The majority of commercial dryer vent fires occur as a result of highly
flammable lint getting caught in the dryer duct and becoming heated to
the point of ignition.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) states there are an average of 3,700 structure fires at hotel or motel properties annually, causing $127 million in damage. Of those fires, 9% are clothes dryer and washer related.
Consider commercial dryer vent cleaning at your facility if:
- There is moderate to heavy accumulation of lint or debris on the external vent.
- The dryer is hot to the touch, indicating it is overheating.
- It takes more than one drying cycle to dry one load.
- The laundered items smell "musty" after being in the dryer.
Tips to Maximize Savings and Minimize Disruption
- Time: Make sure you work with Technical professionals who can efficiently complete the cleaning afterhours, during weekends, or in lighter productivity hours. This lessons the annoyance of maintenance hassles.
- Guaranteed: Hire professionals certified to perform the work in accordance with NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaners Association) standards.
- Knowledgeable: Commercial Dryer vent cleaning is technical work that requires specialized equipment. They should use NADCA approved tools - Such as the viper system and 2500 CFM HEPA-AIRE negative air machines.
- Job Scope: It is a good idea to find a company to partner with. Make sure they have the equipment and technical skill to handle multiple industrial-sized dryer vents and units, so you can complete tasks on schedule and within budget.
The Department of Energy is using data like this to show how energy-smart investments are laying the foundation for new industries in America; even making new recommendations for commercial maintenance plans. The advances have proven to cut energy use in more than 200 million square feet of building space.
Take a look at our Dryer Vent Case Study to see our industry experience. Learn how AdvantaClean can save your business time and cut energy costs: Big savings for Businesses - Benefits of Commercial Coil Cleaning.
Save money, Save energy: Reduce fire hazards, prevent business interruption with Commercial Dryer Vent Cleaning | Call AdvantaClean 877.282.2663