The Ultimate Guide to Commercial Mold Remediation
You’re a business owner who stays busy all the time – that’s how you make your bottom line as strong as possible. You stay in the know on everything from payroll to production, but do you know what you need to when it comes to mold? If it hasn’t crossed your mind or your to-do list in a long time, then maybe it’s time to think about learning more about the impacts that mold can have on your commercial business, how to investigate to see if you have a mold problem, and what to do if you discover black mold or another suspicious spot lurking somewhere in the back corners of your facility. If you’re clueless when it comes to a mold inspection or mold testing, and even if you’ve never thought about what mold removal might mean for your business, then take a few minutes to read our ultimate guide to commercial mold remediation. We’ll get you up to speed in just a few minutes – this small investment could save you thousands of dollars!
- WHAT IS MOLD? Mold is an umbrella term for thousands of species of fungi which can grow virtually anywhere when the right environmental conditions exist: usually a damp, dark and warm spot where the mold can feed on a substance like cardboard, wood or any number of other materials.
- WHY DOES MOLD MATTER? If mold isn’t mitigated, over time it can eat away at surfaces and even cause damage to the structural integrity of your building. Even worse, the whole time it’s reducing your indoor air quality and potentially causing a number of health issues for your employees: everything from itchy eyes to respiratory issues, and sometimes even worse. From a business perspective, it also means lost time and funds due to sick hours and reduced productivity. Mold may be tiny, but it can have a big impact!
- IS ALL MOLD TOXIC TO HUMANS? Thankfully, the answer is no, but if you discover a moldy spot or even a mildew that you’re not sure about, it’s best to not take chances and invest in a mold testing service to verify what strain of mold spore you’re dealing with. The notorious black mold isn’t the only toxic species, but there are also plenty of types that are relatively harmless to humans. However, you don’t want mold spores in your work environment because they can still cause air quality issues and structural damage.
- WHERE SHOULD I LOOK FOR MOLD? The short answer is: “probably wherever you aren’t already looking already,” which could be places like janitor’s closets, storage rooms, and the hidden parts of bathrooms or showering facilities – really, anywhere that there’s moisture, heat and a source of food for the mold. So as you’re making your rounds, check behind boxes or shelves and make sure to open up every room at least once a month to do a quick mold check. This will seem like a pain at first, but imagine not catching a significant mold infestation that requires mold remediation!
- WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I FIND MOLD? You can head to your local home improvement store or hop online and order a DIY mold testing kit, but do you really have the time to wait for the results? And, will you be sure that they’re really accurate? Even more importantly, what are you going to do differently to clean out the mold when you get the results? If you’re already equipped with the best mold removal technology and trained in the safest and most effective techniques for mold remediation, then by all means do it yourself. Or, you might want to consider hiring a professional mold remediation service provider like AdvantaClean. Our mold removal technicians are certified by the National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors (NORMI), which means they use the most advanced mold testing technology and they’ll give you a comprehensive, meticulous mold inspection of your entire property to make sure that you’ve actually found all of the mold that’s infesting your working spaces. We can find the mold that’s hiding behind your walls, and once we’ve found it, we’ll make it vanish for years to come: guaranteed.
Call (877) 800-2382 for the best commercial mold removal with AdvantaClean today!
More Info? Learn More About Commercial Mold Removal