AdvantaClean of Sandy Springs Remediates Mold Damage
What Causes Sandy Springs Mold Damage?
Dealing with mold damage in Sandy Springs is frustrating at best and often embarrassing. Determining what happened in your home or commercial building to trigger the musty smell and rapidly advancing fungal colonies can become an unconstructive blame game. Advantaclean of Sandy Springs understands the life cycle of mold organisms and can help:
- Spores are the “seeds” of the fungus and are present everywhere, indoors and outdoors
- Dry spores are unnoticeable, microscopic in size, impossible to eradicate, and cause few issues
- Spores need oxygen, water, and 24 to 48 moisture-rich hours to germinate and grow on an organic surface
- An outbreak is unrelated to poor housekeeping, and colonies can grow unchecked in building cavities as light is unnecessary
Can Property Owners Take Steps to Prevent Microbial Growth?
Sandy Springs mold damage incidence falls if property owners put moisture management in the spotlight. AdvantaClean of Sandy Springs possesses a wealth of water damage remediation and moisture mitigation strategies we are eager to share for the benefit of our customers. Here are some ideas that are likely to reduce your exposure to mold damage risks:
- Address water incursions immediately, including assuring yourself, with the help of experts like AdvantaClean, of the removal of all excess liquid and absorbed water
- Follow drying instructions after a water damage event until your restorer tells you the goals were met
- Clean up spills immediately and monitor high-moisture areas like bathrooms, spas, kitchen, and laundry rooms for fluids and wet materials
- Test the relative humidity in your home or business, space by space if necessary, and adjust your HVAC or free-standing unit settings to keep levels between 30 and 50 percent
- Install, repair, and consistently use exhaust fans in high moisture areas like bathrooms, kitchens, and utility areas
- Check air conditioning units, freezers, ice makers, and refrigerators for excess condensation and clean or service as needed
How Does the Advantaclean of Sandy Springs Mold Damage Remediation Roll Out?
If an infestation occurs despite measures to prevent one, call AdvantaClean of Sandy Springs promptly for an evaluation. Because the spores can germinate and grow in hidden spaces, reach out even if you have a suspicion. We can arrange for testing, but property owners usually lead us to the offending organisms.
Upon arrival, we follow the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) protocol for mold remediation:
- Technicians suit up in personal protective equipment (PPE)
- We locate the microbial colonies, including in building cavities
- We contain the space with heavy-duty polyethylene wraps and air scrubbers that seal the containment edges through negative air pressure and trap contaminants through HEPA filters before exhausting outdoors
- We might broadcast spray an EPA-antimicrobial in the workspace to limit the danger of airborne particles and spores
- We assemble an inventory of scrapers and brushes to remove the colonies from non-porous surfaces mechanically
- We assess whether porous materials are too compromised with fungal infiltrates to save, bagging them for disposal if that is the case
- We attempt controlled abrasion techniques on some porous materials, using media blasting with soda, corn cobs, and dry ice to remove moldy residues and incapacitate the hyphae (comparable to plant roots) twisted into the material
- We vacuum and wipe up all debris, double bagging it for lawful disposal
- We apply EPA-registered antimicrobials on the cleaned surfaces to inhibit any immediate rebound and revisit the need for diligent moisture management in successful remediation
Take heart when you call (470) 819-2070 to consult the professionals from AdvantaClean of Sandy Springs about mold damage concerns in your home or business. We have the training and the experience to remediate even a substantial fungal outbreak.
Reliance to the EPA’s remediation protocol is the industry standard. Because of our water damage knowledge and services, AdvantaClean is uniquely qualified to offer Sandy Springs customers the guidance to manage moisture that can inhibit fungal growth in the future.