Benefits of Quarterly Maintenance Plans
Your commercial business is filled with employees and customers who each have unique needs, but your company itself is also like a living being — it needs to be constantly cared for and if you don’t set aside the time and funds to properly maintain it, you can find yourself with a very sick business. One of your most important tasks as a business leader, whether you’re running things all by yourself or you lead an enormous team, is to understand the benefits of quarterly maintenance plans for your buildings and equipment. Otherwise, in the long run you’re going to spend a lot more time and money fixing issues that were preventable all along. Take a few minutes to invest in the future of your business by educating yourself on the simple steps you can take to get your business running in tip-top shape now and in the future.
1. FIRST, WHAT IS A MAINTENANCE PLAN?
Depending on the company you hire for a maintenance plan and the type of work they’re doing for your business, the details might vary but the core of the idea is the same: you’re signing an agreement to pay a flat fee up front (or spread out across regular installments) for various kinds of pre-arranged maintenance services. Often this kind of maintenance is called “preventative” because you’re trying to prevent future issues from developing in your equipment and systems, such as your HVAC unit and the attached ductwork. The idea is that you’re committing a small amount of funds up front to be proactive and discover things like small leaks in pipes or equipment before they become full-blown flooding or catastrophic failure situations.
2. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE?
• First, some companies will lock in the rate they charge for routine inspection services if you remain their customer for future quarters and years.
• Additionally, if problems are found during a quarterly or other scheduled inspection which will require additional repairs, preventative maintenance service providers will often offer their regular customers a discount to fix the issues.
• They might even give you additional perks like waiving certain fees and even putting you on the top of their priority list for repairs. (Think about having to wait for a furnace repair because it’s the dead of winter and everyone’s furnace is breaking — now, you’ll have to spend more time finding a reputable service provider who is available, and meanwhile your building has no heat.)
* By investing in a routine maintenance plan, you’ll be providing a safer working environment for your coworkers because equipment that’s being properly inspected and repaired by licensed professionals is going to be less likely to cause damage to your facility or injury to employees or customers.
* Maintaining your equipment helps preserve the warranty and increases the likelihood that if something serious breaks, you’ll have the repair covered by the manufacturer.
4. WHAT IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE BUDGET FOR A QUARTERLY MAINTENANCE PLAN?
Your life is going to be harder because first you’re going to have to remember to schedule all of the preventative maintenance, and then you’re actually going to have to make the time to do it. Now ask yourself: even if you want to, do you really have the time to do this? We know that especially for small businesses, things are almost always tight — but they’ll get even tighter if you don’t commit a portion of your budget and schedule to routine maintenance for your physical systems. Remember, your business is like a body where the buildings and equipment are the bones and organs which keep the revenue flowing, and a body needs to be taken care of on a regular basis or eventually it will break down. You’ll spend far more in the long run on costly repairs that were avoidable in the first place, so make today the day you finally set yourself and your business up for greater success with a quarterly maintenance plan for the key systems in your facilities like your HVAC system, plumbing, vehicles and power equipment.
If you’re interested in learning more about a quarterly maintenance plan for your commercial business, contact the service professionals at AdvantaClean. Since 1994, we’ve been helping companies like yours to run more safely and efficiently. We offer a wide variety of services, from mold remediation to water damage restoration, from air duct cleaning to dryer vent cleaning, and even basement waterproofing and crawl space encapsulation services. Let us help you save money for your bottom line with the best moisture control services available anywhere. Contact us today! We’re ready to show you why it’s not clean until it’s AdvantaClean.