We Deliver Mold Remediation in Buford
AdvantaClean of Norcross and Buford is Here to Assist You through Your Mold Remediation Needs.
Home and business owners struggling with mold damage in Norcross and Buford need a reliable local champion in the disaster restoration business. When mold growth proliferates in a residence or commercial building, the situation feels disastrous, with unpleasant, musty odors and ugly staining preceding crumbling building materials. Even when performed by professional housekeeping or cleaning agencies, do-it-yourself abatement strategies nearly always fall short. Hard work followed by a resurgence of mold damage is incredibly disheartening.
Why Are DIY Efforts Ineffective to Mitigate and Remediate Mold Damage?
Attacking a mold infestation in Norcross and Buford area buildings is both disagreeable and overwhelming. Mold colonies seem to spread everywhere and can multiply unseen in building cavities. Much media attention also focuses on the health determinants attributed to mold, creating fear of disturbing it while also compelling urgency for its removal.
The primary reasons mold damage cleaning strategies tried at Norcross and Buford properties fail, despite the determined efforts of owners and even dedicated hired cleaning crews, are:
- Lack of knowledge about the life cycle and growth habits of mold organisms, including the characteristics that sustain mold growth, resulting in cleaning that is deficient and possibly accelerates damage instead
- Attempts to manage mold with “hands-off” methods such as broadcast spraying of ineffectual solutions such as diluted bleach, which research demonstrates is ineffectual
- No or little attention to remedying and removing the moisture sources that fuel mold damage
What Do AdvantaClean Mold Specialists Suggest to Inhibit Mold Growth and Damage?
The AdvantaClean team arms itself with in-depth knowledge of molds and their characteristics. Because we live and work here, we realize that mold spores are endemic in Norcross and Buford homes and businesses. Fortunately, mold spores cause few problems unless they absorb water, commencing their life cycle. Eradicating the microscopic spores is impossible, but mold germination and growth decrease substantially with adherence to the following recommendations:
- Through assessment of water damage followed by professional drying of affected structural components -- AdvantaClean Water Damage Restoration Technicians (WRT) are uniquely positioned to assist with these tasks
- Sealing leaks wherever found -- roofing, plumbing, doors, windows, and more
- Maintaining interior humidity levels no higher than 30 to 50 percent
- Implementing venting systems or installing exhaust fans in spaces associated with higher humidity levels, including basements, kitchens, bathrooms, locker rooms, and laundries
How Does AdvantaClean Intervene to Remediate Active Mold Infestations Successfully?
AdvantaClean follows researched-based protocols learned during the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) training to:
- Locate the mold infestation, testing with sensitive instruments to ensure mapping of all damage for remediation efforts
- Contain the mold-affected area with heavy-duty plastic and negative pressure air scrubbing equipment
- Preventing mold spores and debris from drifting into spaces not afflicted with mold damage
- Forcing contaminated air through HEPA filters and exhausting outside the property
- Remove the mold organisms using scrapers and brushes, and consider the use of soda, dry ice, and other controlled blasting techniques in particular circumstances
- Complete an exit protocol that uses wipe-down methods and HEPA-filtered vacuums to collect all mold debris, spores, and damaged building materials for lawful disposal
- Treat cleaned surfaces with EPA-registered antimicrobials to inhibit rebound mold growth and its ensuing damage
- Manage all of the remediation steps above quickly as mold multiplies fast, and remediation is most advantageous when a local certified firm arrives promptly and fully-equipped
Have confidence in the hometown crews from AdvantaClean of Norcross and Buford, both trained and experienced in mold remediation. Call (404)-946 4043 to explore the options to remove current mold damage and avoid or minimize future growth.