Don't Let Allergies Win This Spring!
Spring is great in so many ways, but it can also be a real drag if you have seasonal allergies. Dry and itchy eyes, irritated skin, coughing and other respiratory stress, headaches — the list goes on for millions of Americans. So if you’re gearing up for the annual battle, or if you’ve noticed some new symptoms this spring that have you worried about the possibility of allergies, then read on for our suggestions for taking the fight back to allergies. Don’t let allergies win this spring! You can win the war by waging the following battles.
1. Figure out your unique allergy triggers. The first step in fighting allergies is to know your enemy — and in this case, it could be a variety of enemies.
- There are many different types of allergens, from pollen to dander to dust and even mold. Your body will have a particular way of reacting to each of these kinds of indoor and outdoor environmental contaminants, so pay attention to what your body is telling you.
- When you feel symptoms coming on, take note of where you are and what the possible allergens could be that are causing your discomfort.
- Over time, you’ll probably notice some patterns in the times, locations and conditions when you’re having the worst reactions.
2. Research how to fight the symptoms. Use the knowledge from Step #1 above to help develop a plan of action for your particular allergy needs.
- You can easily monitor pollen counts, for example, by checking your local pollen count online or through other local media sources.
- When pollen counts are higher, you can minimize your symptoms by staying indoors as much as possible, especially on windy days.
- You’ll also want to keep your windows closed anytime the pollen counts are higher. After a good rain storm, pollen levels usually drop and you can change your plans accordingly.
- There are also a number of over-the-counter medications to help you with pollen symptoms, so consult your doctor for advice on any medical options.
- You may also want to look into all-natural ways to help flush allergens out of your body, such as irrigating your sinuses with a Neti Pot or other simple method of getting rid of the mucus which can hold so many toxic particles inside your body
Call AdvantaClean for Clean Air Ducts Today!
Is Your Home Making You Sick?
Create a healthy environment for your family. Request your service appointment today!
3. Don’t forget about your indoor air quality. It’s not the just the air outside that’s the problem. If you’ve been cooped up all winter, there’s a good chance that the air pollution in your home or workplace is actually worse than the air quality outdoors.
- Regular vacuuming, using cleaning agents with natural ingredients, and investing in a regular air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning service are all great ways to keep your indoor air as clean as possible.
- Especially if you have pets, the dander inside your home will be much higher, and this can make your seasonal allergies even worse. Even your own shoes and clothes will introduce all sorts of dirty, dusty particles into your living spaces. Therefore you have to be proactive about maintaining a clean indoor environment.
- Consider how Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) from substances like paint and chemical cleaning agents might be contaminating your indoor air. Store these substances in a well-ventilated area, or at least in your garage so that their effects will be limited.
- Ask a professional indoor air quality service provider like AdvantaClean to give you a whole-home assessment of the air you’ve been breathing. Then get an estimate for an air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning service to eliminate as many allergens from your indoor environment as possible. These services can pay for themselves in the savings you could experience from avoiding medical bills and higher utility costs from inefficient HVAC and dryer systems.
- Regardless of your allergy-related symptoms this spring, we invite you to learn more about the many moisture control services we offer here at AdvantaClean. Our locally-owned franchises are staffed by highly-trained and experienced professionals who truly care about giving their neighbors the healthiest spaces to live and work in. We don’t cut corners and we take pride in a job well done — and it’s all at a fair price that will fit your budget and your busy schedule. But don’t take our word for it! Read some of our reviews, and then get in touch with us right away. We’ll show you why we like to say that it’s not clean until it’s AdvantaClean!
To learn more about indoor air quality, read: HOW POOR INDOOR AIR QUALITY AFFECTS YOU