Everything You Need to Know About Commercial Duct Cleaning
In the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, business owners and companies have begun to take a new look at the ways to keep their customers and employees safer and more healthy by adding cleaning measures around the physical location. You've worked hard to sanitize your business whether it's a storefront or a warehouse.
However, one of the things you might not have thought about is the ducts of your HVAC system. These vents make their way into almost every room and open space in your building. If they haven't been cleaned and sanitized in a while, they might be pushing all kinds of allergens and debris into your workspace, lowering the air quality. Here is your guide to everything you need to know about commercial duct cleaning:
What is commercial duct cleaning?
Your HVAC system works by pulling air from your building into its system through the air ducts. When it reaches the air conditioner or furnace the air is heated or cooled and then pushed back out through the ducts into your building.
As the air travels through the ducts, it leaves behind dust, debris, and allergens. Over time, this builds up, and you need a professional company to clean it out. The ducts for your HVAC system are behind the walls and above the ceiling in your business, making it hard for you to clean without professional help.
A professional commercial duct cleaning company can reach, clean, and sanitize all the components of your duct system, including:
- Motor housing
- Fan housing
- Internal air ducts
- Supply (moves air brought into the HVAC) air ducts
- Return (cooled and heated air travels through these) air ducts
- Unit housing
- Cooling coils
- Heating coils
- Drain/drip pans
- Heat exchanger
Your HVAC system is a complicated network of parts, and each needs to be maintained. While the frequency of commercial air duct cleaning depends on a number of factors, it's always a good idea to have your air ducts cleaned at least once a year.
What are the benefits of commercial air duct cleaning?
Before you hire another company to clean your air ducts, you need to know that there are benefits for your business. You want to know that air duct cleaning is necessary before spending the money. There are a variety of benefits of regularly having the air ducts cleaned in your commercial building. These benefits include:
- Better air quality: You want the air in your commercial building to always be fresh and clean. When your ducts are dirty, they're lowering the air quality in your space.
- Reduces fire risk from clogged air ducts: When you run the heat in the colder months, heated air moves through your air ducts. This heat has the potential to cause a fire if the air ducts are too dirty. You don't want to put your employees or commercial building at risk with a fire hazard.
- Increase the energy efficiency of your HVAC system: It seems like each year the cost of your utility bills increases. When your ducts are clean, the air passes more easily through them. The system doesn't need to work as hard to push the air, and this can lower your electric and gas bills, depending on the type of heating.
- Lowers the number of employee call-outs due to illness: It's no secret that pollutants in the air create poor air quality. Your employees may experience more allergies or breathing problems when the air quality is lower, meaning that they stay home while they get better. With improved air quality, you might see the number of people missing work begin to lower.
- Removes or reduces unpleasant odors: Does your commercial building have a smell that you can't get rid of? It might be because the source is inside your air duct system. Cleaning the air ducts on a regular schedule helps airflow more properly throughout your building and minimizes any unpleasant scents.
Clogged air ducts are a fire risk for your business, and you need to reduce the risk. Whether you work in or own an older property, the air ducts need routine maintenance. You should view commercial air duct cleaning as part of your regular maintenance.
The cleaning company for your air duct system uses specialized tools to reach all the corners and crevices of your duct system to clean and sanitize them. It's specialized work, and you need to make sure that you're hiring professionals and not a fly-by-night company with an impossibly low-cost deal.
You've recommitted to keeping your building cleaner and safer for your employees and clients. Commercial air duct cleaning is a great way to start the process. You'll breathe better once it's done.
What is air duct sanitizing?
It's easy to understand what commercial air duct cleaning is but how does the cleaning company sanitize your duct system. It's not as if they can run high heat through your metal air ducts to sanitize them.
When you have the air ducts cleaned in your commercial property, they remove all the accumulated dirt, debris, and allergens. As an added service, your air ducts can receive a sanitizing treatment. A sanitizer is introduced to your duct system while the equipment to clean them is still in space and at negative pressure.
Some benefits of air duct sanitizing include:
- Reduces mold and mildew growth and potential growth
- Minimizes any unpleasant odors and smells that move through your building in the duct system
- Improves the general air quality more than cleaning alone
It's never a hassle or waste of money to have your air ducts sanitized as well as cleaned routinely. It provides many benefits that you can see and smell in your building.
At AdvantaClean, we understand that you have a lot on your to-do list as a business owner or manager. We can help get your air duct system in tip-top shape by cleaning and sanitizing them. Contact us today to learn more or to schedule an appointment.