Air Duct Dangers: Are Your Dirty Air Ducts Making You Sick?
Did you know that one out of every six allergy sufferers' symptoms can be directly linked to the fungi and bacteria found in their air duct systems? According to a 2005 study conducted by the National Institutes of Health and cited in Total Health Magazine, the most common home allergens are seasonal pollen, mold, dust, dust mites, animal dander, and chemicals including formaldehyde, volatile organic compounds, conventional paint and finishes, and permanent fabric treatments.
How to avoid air duct dangers
In the simplest of terms, NADCA (The HVAC Inspection, Maintenance, and Restoration Association), notes that heating and cooling systems are the lungs of a home, taking air in and breathing it back out - also, if your air ducts look dirty, they probably are. NADCA also explains that in a typical six-room home, up to 40 pounds of dust is created every year through everyday living; and these contaminants are pulled into your HVAC system and recirculated up to seven times per day.
Call AdvantaClean for Clean Air Ducts Today!
Is Your Home Making You Sick?
Create a healthy environment for your family. Request your service appointment today!
By improving air flow and reducing the sources of these particulates, chemicals, and moisture, you can avoid air duct dangers and lower your home's levels of typical airborne allergens.
To avoid the health hazards caused by unhealthy air, consider the following tips for ways to eliminate air duct dangers and to improve your home's indoor air quality:
- Have your HVAC system inspected and cleaned by an air duct cleaning professional. Cleaning your air duct system removes the particulates and chemicals that are trapped in your ductwork, minimizing air duct dangers.
- Use central air conditioning set on "recirculate."Doing this excludes much of the pollen and mold from the air in your home.
- Use a vacuum with double-bagging, or a HEPA filter.
- Cut back on the carpeting and drapes. Consider tile and hardwood, and roll up shades instead.
- Take off your shoes right outside the door, before coming inside, or at least wipe them well on an outdoor mat.
Call 877-800-2382 to schedule an air duct cleaning or mold inspection with AdvantaClean today!